Thursday 17 July 2014

Ladies Weekend

Tuesday saw the last practice for our ladies weekend, 
 19th and 20th July the theme for which is from darkness to light.

 We were all in darkness until the light of Christ was shed abroad in our hearts and lives, light is mentioned 272 times in the Bible in 235 verses but I want to quote just two;

Isaiah 9:2
 The people who walked in darkness
Have seen a great light;
Those who dwelt in the land of the shadow of death,
Upon them a light has shined.


John  8:12
Then Jesus spoke to them again, saying, “I am the light of the world. He who follows Me shall not walk in darkness, but have the light of life.”

What a wonderful promise that Jesus brings us out of darkness, the darkness of sin and death and into His light and eternal life.

I'm not going to give anything away as to what is to happen at the weekend but needless to say should you find yourself in Ripley on Saturday the 19th at 2:20pm, come and join us as the drama unfolds. 


I had a lovely surpirse at the end, a bouquet of flowers which were delivered to me from all the ladies with a thank you card, I certainly didn't expect that. I do like nice surprises :)

I would like to take the opporunity here to thank all the ladies for their kind thoughts and for all their hard work over the past few months in preparing for this presentation of darkness to light, it is after all a team effort and for the praise and glory of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment